Monday, September 2, 2013

Look back over my almost 3 years on sl...

I started like most noobs in SL. Completely clueless on what was out there, and depended on other to show me. I remember walking around the freebie places turning down offers 'For the seks' left and right while just trying to find something to wear ^^;;;... and boy did I ever stock up on the freebies lol. Example below(Mix of different things found at most freebie places still today)






Then I was introduced to MMboards and lucky chairs, and at that time (almost 3 years ago) not many designers gave away on them the same quality they sold... We are in a very luck time now to get such high quality items on things like mmboards and lucky chairs now. Oh and the group gifts too.. but I am rambling from my point, lol... After my intro to these ways to obtain clothing I was a regular spending lots of time at shops waiting for that G to magically show up on a chair. Example of what I would find during that time...(Lucky chair prize from Virtual Attire)

After I landed my first gogo dancer job at a rock club I was finally able to purchase some outfits with the elusive Linden lol. Of course I didn't make a lot at the time and was saving up for a real AO, I had wanted the one from Vistas and we all know how much they run there... So I had to be frugal in my shopping habits, so i still hit mmboards, group gifts and all (plus some gifties from generous ppl who took pity on me lol)... and shopped at places that had good discounted items such as Grumble... Example (I still love wearing this dress today) ...

Things have changed alot in the Fashion of SL, especially with the introduction of Rigged Mesh. I personally cant wait for the introduction of the Mesh Deformer, because I don't like having to change my shape to fit into an outfit. The introduction of Mesh breasts have opened up a world for us to not have squared boobs, lol... And there are some controversy around them. I admit I laugh when I hear ppl say but mine are natural and those are fake. <.< Really? Look at that statement a moment please and realize how ridiculous that sounds... I wont go into further now, I will post my personal opinion around all that another time I think lol.  I will prob do some more memory lane type posts also, plus new things too ^^ Cya around <3 G

No comments:

Post a Comment